Hello, please find instructions from below. The following instructions are only valid for older Tectia Server 4.x versions!
1) Create your SSH key pair normally on your Solaris box
2) Upload the .pub key file from Solaris to Windows box running Tectia Server 4.3
3) Place the .pub key file under the user's home directory on that Windows server:
- you can create the .ssh2 directory using command prompt: mkdir .ssh2
Example destinations for the .pub key file are:
Windows Vista or newer: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\.ssh2\id_rsa.pub
Windows XP) : C:\documents and settings\<USERNAME>\.ssh2\id_rsa.pub
4) Create a file called "authorization" under the same .ssh2 directory on Windows
5) Modify the authorization file to have your key file name in it (showing file contents below):
(Optionally you can list multiple keys in that file if needed)
6) That's it (of course, you need to check that the public key authentication has been enabled from the Server's GUI settings).
Please note that in newer Tectia Server versions, you can just upload the .pub key file directly under the user's home directory (precisely, here: %USERPROFILE%.ssh2\authorized_keys) after which the key authentication will just work.
Tectia Server's download link
Hopefully this helps!
Oct 18 '12 at 01:45
Sami Marttinen ♦