login about faq

I need to find out my gateway IP address of MobileID server. How to do that since our IT department is on vacation?

asked Jun 16 '11 at 16:42

anttisa's gravatar image

anttisa ♦
106252627

edited Jun 20 '11 at 12:36

Roman's gravatar image

Roman ♦♦
7735817


One way to find it out is to execute command:
# wget checkip.dyndns.org -O gatewayip.txt && cat gatewayip.txt

You should see answer: <html><head><title>Current IP Check</title></head><body>Current IP Address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX</body></html>

link

answered Jun 16 '11 at 16:46

anttisa's gravatar image

anttisa ♦
106252627

This will work 99.9% of the cases. In the remaining 0.1% you have been proxied and http requests are routed to go out from different gateway than non http traffic. :)

(Jun 21 '11 at 11:30) Marko Teiste Marko%20Teiste's gravatar image

Use the following steps to find your gateway ip address :

  1. Click Applications > System Tools > Terminal.

  2. When terminal is open, type the following command: ip route | grep default

It shows your gateway ip address of Mobileid server or any device .

If you want to know your internal ip address use the command : ifconfig/all To know your external ip address use the site ip-details .com

link

answered Jun 24 '13 at 06:46

jasflora's gravatar image

jasflora
112

edited Aug 31 '13 at 14:43

Roman's gravatar image

Roman ♦♦
7735817

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×55
×9

Asked: Jun 16 '11 at 16:42

Seen: 7,600 times

Last updated: Aug 31 '13 at 14:43

All user contributed content licensed under the cc-by-sa license.
Powered by OSQA.